A Global Property & Casualty Insurer Leveraged its Data with Salesforce to Discover Effective Brokering Techniques
Problem and Background
In the insurance industry, relationships with the right brokers lead to quality submissions. This, in turn, leads to increased business. Also, understanding broker-client relationships is crucial to understanding the type of policies that the insurer underwrites.
Our client wanted to better understand the relationships among its own strategic business units, brokers, and clients. Leadership needed a 360° view of all interactions and wanted a way to be able to parse various views in custom dashboards.
Customer Insights Allow Smart Business Decision-Making
Knowing your customer is usually the first rule in effective account management. But, in the case of large specialty insurance companies, customers are managed by brokers. Brokers are the bridge to the client. Understanding the interactions between brokers and clients – and how they correlate with quality submissions – is crucial to drive business growth.
Vertex’s client realized the importance of real-time visibility into broker and client relationships. Existing processes revealed opportunities for improving the speed in which reports were compiled and delivered. In many cases, outdated data hindered understandings of how to intelligently respond to broker / client relationships. Our customer knew that an improved process could yield improved data to help them discern how to approach each relationship.
Crucial Questions the Client Wanted Insights on:
- Which brokers’ clients were the most profitable?
- Which strategic business units worked best with various brokers?
- Were there opportunities to cross sell?
- Did business units that have complementary products have visibility into each other’s accounts that they can target?
Vertex Solution: Custom Salesforce Application
Vertex’s solution scientists used Salesforce’s Einstein Analytics to not only glean immediate information, but to also see how the relationship had evolved over time. By knowing the history, quantity and quality of each relationship, the company could now determine the value that brokers’ clients provide.
With the new Salesforce tool, it is easy to compare the number of premiums sold year-to-year or quarter-to-quarter. Underwriters have at their fingertips the complete history of how many submissions a broker is responsible for. This ready access to accurate data makes it easy for them to decide what to charge for premiums and identify other opportunities to sell related helpful insurance products.
- Accurate, up-to-date data
- Complete 360° view of historic data on brokers and clients
- Instant calculations on premiums collected on several policies
- Customized dashboards
- Comparisons of annual or quarterly historic data
- Calculations on premiums collected from several policies
- Improved decision-making capabilities based on actual data
- Gives leadership valuable insights to know how much they can charge
- Underwriters can see information to help them cross sell other insurance products
- Saves time previously spent gathering data and relying on internal IT teams to run reports
- Identifies areas where business can be increased
- Allows policy benefits to be weighed against losses to determine profitability
Users can compare real-time data across property and casualty business unit categories. This information provides valuable insights into broker / client relationships.
Vertex is a business and technology consulting ﬁrm that helps customers transform their business processes with leading edge technology. Learn more at www.vertexcs.com.
Inspire. Innovate. Implement.
We Got IT.
Vertex Computer Systems
25700 Science Park Drive #280 / Beachwood, Ohio 44122